[Freeipa-users] gravatar image, IM fields

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 10:35:52 UTC 2014

On 09/29/2014 11:51 AM, Tamas Papp wrote:

> hi All,
>
> Is there a solution to integrate gravatar images and IPA? Something like
> a field for the gravatar url or actually I am not sure, what the right
> solution would be.
>
> Also is there a solution the add IM details to users, like skype id,
> hangouts id..etc?
>

> 10x
> tamas

Hello Tamas,

For the custom user fields, I think the best way will be to simply write a
plugin extending the User object allowing these attribute in new objectClass.

You can check an example with "favoriteColorName" in this presentation:

http://www.freeipa.org/images/5/5b/FreeIPA33-extending-freeipa.pdf

HTH,
Martin