[Freeipa-users] RHEL 5 client?

Guertin, David S. guertin at middlebury.edu
Wed Apr 1 17:21:06 UTC 2015

I've just set up an IPA domain that is working with our RHEL 6 clients. (The servers are running RHEL 7.) But about half of our Linux servers are running RHEL 5, and I'd like to be able to add these as clients as well. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get it working. Before I get too deep into debugging and log files, is this even possible? The documentation that I've been able to find is unclear on this. So far I've been looking at this thread:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2013-July/msg00277.html

and this document:

https://www.freeipa.org/page/FreeIPAv1:ConfiguringRhelClients#Configuring_RHEL_5_as_an_IPA_Client

but without much success. Is there documentation somewhere that describes the procedure, if indeed one exists?

David Guertin