[Freeipa-users] Setup of freeipa 4.1.3 failed

Endi Sukma Dewata edewata at redhat.com
Wed Apr 1 21:04:54 UTC 2015

On 4/1/2015 11:56 AM, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:

> Based on the IPA install log alone it looks like the DS is already
> started, and the Dogtag is already started too in step [3/27]. It's the
> restart on step [8/27] that is failing.
>
> We will need to see the Dogtag debug log in order to know if Dogtag is
> indeed failing to restart or the installer for some reason cannot
> connect to Dogtag.

Hi Markus,

Based on the logs that you sent me, the Dogtag took a really long time
to start:

   INFORMATION: Server startup in 739700 ms

More than half of that time was spent starting the CA subsystem alone:

   INFORMATION: Deployment of configuration descriptor /etc/pki
   /pki-tomcat/Catalina/localhost/ca.xml has finished in 393,390 ms

The whole (failed) IPA installation took about 38 minutes. Is this correct?

It's possible the system was running out of entropy. You might want to
install haveged or rngd. See:
http://blog-ftweedal.rhcloud.com/2014/05/more-entropy-with-haveged/
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-setup-additional-entropy-for-cloud-servers-using-haveged

However, the system seems to be running very slowly in general. How
powerful is this machine?

--
Endi S. Dewata