[Freeipa-users] Proper configuration of service accounts

Brian Topping brian.topping at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 05:51:10 UTC 2015

Great work on 4.1.0! As a CentOS user, I am able to convey the 3.x -> 4.1.0 upgrade went smoothly via the CentOS 7.0 -> 7.1 upgrade on my replicated pair of IPA instances.

Question about proper setup of service accounts: I see that the service accounts I set up under "cn=etc, cn=sysaccounts" are still able to log in, but the permission changes have left them unable to read anything. Previously, I hacked the ACLs on the domain root. I would like to believe that's not how it should be done.

That said, I was surprised that service accounts are not supported in 4.x UI, so I wonder if service accounts (https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2012-June/msg00011.html <https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2012-June/msg00011.html>) are the wrong way for services like Postfix to be doing LDAP queries.

Thanks, Brian