[Freeipa-users] Replica with external ca + custom subject in certificate

James James jreg2k at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 12:08:49 UTC 2015

I will try to give a better explanation :

I have a CentOS 6.6 with ipa 3.0 named ipa-master. ipa-master has been
installed with an external CA about 3 years ago and I will have to renew
the certificate soon.

 I have created a test server (ipa-dev) with the same configuration (centos
6.6 and ipa 3.0) to test the renewal process. I want the new ipa-dev sever
to be installed with an external CA.

In the same time my external CA has changed and wants the emailAddress
field in the certificate request 's subject.

If it is not possible to add emailAddress in the subject, is it possible to
migrate my ipa-master CA system from an external CA to a CA-less or
self-signed CA ?

Thanks.