[Freeipa-users] ID Ranges in FreeIPA

Coy Hile coy.hile at coyhile.com
Wed Apr 8 13:42:41 UTC 2015

Hi all,

When I installed FreeIPA, it created a default ID range (of which user admin
is currently the only user existing).  Through the UI, I've found that one can
create additional ranges (and that the ipa tools will complain if a user has a
uid assigned manually that falls outside the defined range.)  That
makes sense.
Is there a way that one can instruct the tools which particular range
it should
use for a particular operation?  Say one wants different classes of
users to be
allocated from different ranges (For example, faculty/staff vs
students, FTE vs
contractors, or 'eyeball' users vs role accounts like jdoe vs
appteambuildbot)?

Thanks,

-c
--