[Freeipa-users] Configuring SUDO on centos and RHEL 5 clients

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Thu Apr 9 07:55:57 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 09, 2015 at 09:33:25AM +0200, Chamambo Martin wrote:
> Good day
>
> I have managed to follow this guide
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/htm
> l/Deployment_Guide/SSSD-Troubleshooting.html#idp21135920 and I have
> configured my sssd.conf file as follows
>

> PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SAME USER IS WORKING ON RHEL 6 AND CENTOS 6 CLIENTS so
> sudo is working on the other clients except this centos 5 machine

Please note that Dmitri already replied correctly previously. There is
no sudo provider on RHEL-5 nor is there SSSD support in sudo in RHEL-5.

You need to use "ldap" for "sudoers" in nsswitch.conf and configure sudo
individually for sudoers LDAP access.

Sorry, but RHEL-5 is obsolete, don't expect shiny new features there.