[Freeipa-users] ipa-replica-prepare failing

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Apr 10 22:23:54 UTC 2015

David Dejaeghere wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I even tried the command using an export from the http service nss db,
> same issue.
>
> regarding SElinux:
> ausearch -m AVC -ts recent
> <no matches>
>
> Sending you the log personally.

Ok, so the way the certs are imported is all the certs in the PKCS#12
file are loaded in, then marked as untrusted.

certutil -O is executed against the server cert which prints out what
the trust chain should be and those certs marked as trusted CA's.

That part is working fine.

Finally it makes another pass through the database to verify the chain.

Looking at the output there are two certs with the subject CN=Go Daddy
Root Certificate Authority - G2,O="GoDaddy.com,
Inc.",L=Scottsdale,ST=Arizona,C=US and different serial numbers. I
wonder if this is confusing the cert loader. These certs are included in
the PKCS#12 file (serial #0 and #1828629 AFAICT). I don't know which one
is the "right' one, or if there even is one.

rob