[Freeipa-users] user account without password

Nordgren, Bryce L -FS bnordgren at fs.fed.us
Mon Apr 13 15:18:33 UTC 2015

Hi Alex,

Just because I gave up doesn't mean there isn't a way. Does your partitioning of local/domain users allow a domain user to run a service on a machine? I was trying to run an iPython notebook server as my regular user/domain account via systemd. Much of the data that the service needed access to resided on a multi-Terabyte NFS share, hence the desire to make it work with my domain account. IIRC, systemd was the thing choking on the domain user.

Do you just manually create a local user with the same attributes as the domain user? (and in the case of the above use NFS with sec=host)?

Thanks,
Bryce