[Freeipa-users] Upgrading Freeipa 3 server.

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Apr 13 23:47:18 UTC 2015

On 04/13/2015 07:26 PM, Aric Wilisch wrote:
> One of our environments has a Freeipa3 sever installed and I need to
> upgrade it to FreeIPA 4. I brought up  RHEL 7 server and installed
> FreeIPA 4 as a replica of the FreeIPA3 box. But now I'm stuck. I can't
> find any good documentation on how to promote the new FreeIPA4 server
> and take the old FreeIPA3 server out of the picture. If I do a
> ida-replica-manage del ---force stip01.staging.fioptics.int it tells
> me I can't because it would leave me without a CA. However I can't
> find any documentation on migrating the CA from IPA3 to IPA4.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Aric Wilisch
> awilisch at gmail.com <mailto:awilisch at gmail.com>

Did you follow this procedure?
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html-single/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/index.html#migrating-ipa-proc

I would say that I would recommend upgrading to 6.6 rather than 6.5.

If you did not what exactly did you do?

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal