[Freeipa-users] Upgrading Freeipa 3 server.

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 07:07:02 UTC 2015

You do not need to uninstall the 4 server, you just need to install the CA
component on it:

# ipa-ca-install /path/to/replica.file

... and make it CRL/renewal master. See step 8 and later in

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/migrating-ipa-proc.html