[Freeipa-users] Freeipa4 - AD SSH logins

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 18:00:01 UTC 2015

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015, Aric Wilisch wrote:
>Today I managed to finally get a trust established between my AD Domain and my FreeIPA 4 environment.
>
>However I’m noticing a couple issues and hope someone might be able to give me some help.
>
>First when the user logs in it creates their home directory in
>/home/fioptics/<username> rather than /home/<username>. I read that you
>had to put subdomain_homedir= /home in /etc/sssd/sssd.conf but that
>didn’t seem to fix it.
>
>Also the FreeIPA environment is set to use /bin/bash as the shell,
>however everyone from AD is logging in and using /bin/sh.
>
>I’m hoping if I can get these issues sorted out the other issues I”m
>seeing with go as well, but if they don’t I can address those at that
>time.
These issues are addressed with IDViews functionality in FreeIPA 4.1.
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Windows_Integration_Guide/id-views.html

I have a 'sneak peak' videos of how this feature works:
http://talks.vda.li/video/freeipa-idviews-override-shell-and-homedir.webm
http://talks.vda.li/video/freeipa-idviews-override-public-ssh-key.webm
These are draft sequences, no sound or subtitles so you need to read
documentation too :)
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy