[Freeipa-users] Replication seems to begin but failed after 127 seconds ...

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Apr 16 00:22:57 UTC 2015

Rich Megginson wrote:
> On 04/15/2015 02:58 PM, James James wrote:
>> Nothing on the replica .. maybye a process on the master. How can I
>> check that ?
>
> I have no idea.  But it seems highly unlikely that a process on the
> master is able to shutdown a process on the replica . . .
>
> I would say that there is some problem with the ipa-replica-install not
> properly checking the status - see below:

>> <mailto:rmeggins at redhat.com>>:
>>
>>     On 04/15/2015 12:43 PM, James James wrote:
>>>     Here the log

>>>     <mailto:rmeggins at redhat.com>>:

> in progress yet not in progress????  The error log below clearly shows
> that replica init succeeded after 127 seconds.
>
> IPA-ers - wasn't there some bug about checking replica status properly?

The loop looks at nsds5BeginReplicaRefresh, nsds5replicaUpdateInProgress
and nsds5ReplicaLastInitStatus.

It loops looking for nsds5BeginReplicaRefresh. If there is no value it
prints "Update in progress, %d seconds elapsed". Once it gets a status,
the update is done, and it looks at nsds5ReplicaLastInitStatus. If it
isn't empty, doesn't include 'replica busy' or 'Total update succeeded'
then it looks to see if nsds5replicaUpdateInProgress is TRUE. If it is,
ir prints Update in progress yet not in progress and tries the loop again.

AFAICT this part of a replica install doesn't restart 389-ds.

/var/log/ipareplica-install.log may hold some details.

rob