[Freeipa-users] indirect automount offsets

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 08:17:17 UTC 2015

Hello,

It indeed works
--key=*  --info='/ -rw nfs.example.com:/homes/& /subdir -rw
nfs2.example.com:/subdir'

however the directory is not mounted.

I know it works because when running automount in debug mode I see
mounted nfs.example.com:/homes/test on /home/test

and then it tries to mount the subdir
do_mount_autofs_offset: mount offset /home/test/subdir at /home/test

however it fails with the error
mount_autofs_offset: can't create mount directory: /home/test/subdir,
Permission denied
failed to mount offset

as a test I set an acl on the /exports/homes dir on the fileserver.
setfacl -R -m other:rwx /exports/homes
setfacl -R -m d:other:rwx /eports/homes
and created the mountpoint in the home directory (it failed when it
does not exist do to root squash I guess)
mkdir /exports/homes/test/subdir

and the offset subdir mount is mounted by autofs on the client.

any ideas on how to set the privileges in such a way that not
everybody requires access to the exports ?

Rob Verduijn