[Freeipa-users] Usernames not being seen on IPA Master

Joseph, Matthew (EXP) matthew.joseph at lmco.com
Thu Apr 16 13:13:56 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm running into an issue where a new user account created on the master server is not being seen for changing file permissions and such.
I can login using the newly created user account but when I try to change permissions on a file/directory it comes up with the following error;
Chown: changing ownership of 'username' : Invalid argument

Now if I go to my replica IPA server it works fine.

I deleted the user and created it again with the same username, gave the account a different UID and when I tried to permission the directory again it states the same error as above.
I changed the permissions on the replica server and went back to the master and looked at the permissions of the directory and it's showing the old UID. I can login as the new user and the permissions are fine, the user can create and modify files in that directory.

When I run ipa user-find -all -raw username it brings up all of the correct information that I entered for the account.
I searched for the old UID that was used with this account before but it doesn't seem to exist in IPA.

I've tried restarting the IPA service and remounting the directory that contains the required folders but with no luck.
I cleared the SSSD and the NSCD cache.

Does IPA have another cache that needs to be cleared or anything like that?

Thanks,

Matt