[Freeipa-users] posix ids not propgating

Bryan Pearson bwp.pearson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 23:46:55 UTC 2015

I ran this comand on each of my IPA servers and one returned usable
response: ipa idrange-find

---------------
1 range matched
---------------
  Range name: HOSTNAME.LAN_id_range
  First Posix ID of the range: 1920200000
  Number of IDs in the range: 300000
  Range type: local domain range
----------------------------
Number of entries returned 1
----------------------------

While trying to add a new user on one of the other severs I recieve:
***
Operations error: Allocation of a new value for range cn=posix
ids,cn=distributed numeric assignment plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
failed! Unable to proceed.
***

Should I go forward on other masters and do:

***
ldapmodify -x -D 'cn=Directory Manager' -W
Enter LDAP Password:
dn: cn=Posix IDs,cn=Distributed Numeric Assignment Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: dnaNextValue
dnaNextValue: 1689700000
-
replace: dnaMaxValue
dnaMaxValue: 1689799999
^D

modifying entry "cn=Posix IDs,cn=Distributed Numeric Assignment
Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config"
***