[Freeipa-users] HBAC and SUDO rules for legacy clients

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Apr 20 21:26:18 UTC 2015

On 04/20/2015 12:08 PM, Srdjan Dutina wrote:
> Sorry for misunderstanding.
>
> I understand HBAC rules will not work for Centos 5. I just wanted to
> make sure disabling "allow all" rule and adding new HBAC rules won't
> interfere with AD users logging on Centos 5.

To clarify:
CentOS 5 needs to point to compat tree for AD users to authenticate.
You need to use LDAP SSSD back end for that not IPA SSSD back end
(idenity_provider setting in sssd.conf).
Once you use LDAP back end you need to use some other access control
configuration not HBAC as HBAC comes when you use IPA SSSD back end only.
You can use ldap filter or simple acces provider or something other
option that is support in SSSD 1.5 against LDAP.

Does this make sense?

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal