[Freeipa-users] Slow user logon with IPA

Mateusz Malek mmalek at iisg.agh.edu.pl
Tue Apr 21 23:02:02 UTC 2015

On 14.04.2015 at 21:30, Rich Megginson wrote:
>> When such long requests happened, you may take several pstack of the
>> 389-ds process. Ideally you can timestamp the pstack output so that
>> it is easier to correlate with DS access logs.
>> Providing pstacks+access/errors logs would really help to know if
>> there is a bottleneck.
>
> See also http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/FAQ/faq.html#debugging-hangs
>
> You'll need to do "debuginfo-install ipa-server slapi-nis"

I've tried looking into captured information, but I think that there's
nothing suspicious. With selinux_provider patched speed is pretty good -
FreeIPA has more to do during user logon than our existing setup had
(obtaining Kerberos ticket and processing HBAC rules is definitely more
complex than single lookup with pam_ldap/nss_ldap) and I'll probably
blame those longer LDAP search times (that happen from time to time) on
our datastore performance.

Thank you all, again.

Best regards
Mateusz Małek