[Freeipa-users] Unable to Rebuid Replica

dbischof at hrz.uni-kassel.de dbischof at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri Apr 24 14:05:48 UTC 2015

Sina,

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015, Sina Owolabi wrote:

> Please what are the downsides of installing without --setup-ca?

I don't know exactly, sorry. If you install with "--setup-ca" an
IPA replica and master only differ in two details:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2014-July/msg00115.html

> And how do I make certain both servers have the same number of modules?

You have most likely installed all required modules on both machines. You
may not have, however, activated the required Apache modules on the master
- at least that was my mistake in the past. Check

https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2015-February/msg00041.html

for details.

---
apachectl -t -D DUMP_MODULES
---

shows the active modules of your running Apache on the IPA master. Apache
modules are usually enabled/disabled in the Apache configuration file in
/etc/httpd.

Please be aware that this _may_ be the cause of your problem. There may be
a different cause as well.

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 10:44 AM,  <dbischof at hrz.uni-kassel.de> wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Apr 2015, Sina Owolabi wrote:
>>
>>> I noticed that my IPA domain masters were out of sync, with users
>>> having to login with different passwords depending on the IPA client
>>> they were connected to. I noticed it was the replica that was the
>>> problem, and I took it down, uninstalled IPA with a
>>> "ipa-server-install --uninstall -U", deleted all the folders based on

>>> Adam Young's blog
>>> (http://adam.younglogic.com/2011/02/sterilizing-for-ipa-uninstall/)
>>> and tried to create replica again. It repeatedly fails, and I am
>>> hoping for some insight on how to fix this. Please can anyone help?
>>> I'm running this on RHEL6.6 and I just updated the entire machine.
>>>
>>> Installation logs:
>>> [...]
>>

>> you may have run into this issue:
>>
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2015-February/msg00384.html
>>
>> In short: You may be missing some Apache modules on the IPA master.
>> This problem occurs only, if you attempt to install your replica with
>> "--setup-ca", otherwise installation will work.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen/With best regards,

--Daniel.