[Freeipa-users] Password expiration not updated with password change

Tony Izzo tizzo at computer.org
Mon Apr 27 17:08:21 UTC 2015

I'm currently experimenting with Red Had Identity Management 6.0, and I've
noticed that when I create a user, and have them change their password
using the "passwd" command, the password is changed in IdM, but the
password expiration date is not updated, so that their password remains
expired.

Furthermore, the "expired" state of the password only seems to apply to
logging into the IdM Web UI (these users are members of the "admins"
group); users are able to log into any RHEL machine configured as an IdM
client, using their updated password, even though the password is
supposedly expired.

Any advice on what I'm doing wrong?  Is the passwd command a valid way for
a user to update their own password?  Thanks.

Tony