[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA WebUI Logout logs back in

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Wed Apr 29 11:26:52 UTC 2015

On 04/28/2015 11:53 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> On 04/28/2015 05:39 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> Dmitri Pal wrote:

>>> Do you have a kerberos ticket on your local system?
>>> Do klist.
>>> See which tickets you have.
>>> If you have tickets do kdestroy - this will remove the ability to SSO.
>>> If you then try to use your IPA server you will have the same experience
>>> as with public demo.
>> I think this is a question for Petr. On logout one should be directed to
>> a page that doesn't require auth so it doesn't renegotiate the
>> connection.
>>
>> rob
> Petr can you reproduce this?

Yes.

User is automatically logged-in back if he has a valid Kerberos ticket.

The reason is that after showing the login form, the whole UI is
reloaded in order to forget everything in the app memory. It then
behaves as normal access and SSO kicks in.

IPA had a logout page but it was removed. One reason was that PatternFly
says that when a session expires(which, in a way, is a logout), user
should be presented with a login page. As we see, with SSO, the behavior
is a little bit different and unexpected.

I've created a new ticket:

Petr Vobornik