[Freeipa-users] Common Name for the ipa-cacert-manage command

Benjamen Keroack benjamen at dollarshaveclub.com
Thu Apr 30 22:28:54 UTC 2015

With respect, neither option is realistic in the common case. Unless I'm
mistaken, a CA-less installation will break in ~1 year when host
certificates expire and are not automatically renewed via certmonger.
Option 2 (sub-CA) is, as far as I can tell, also not feasible since no
public CA will sell subordinate CA certificates commercially. At least not
that I can find.

In our case, the only option is to resign ourselves to using self-signed
certificates for the UI. End users can import IPA CA root cert if they
choose.

Benjamen Keroack
*Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer*
benjamen at dollarshaveclub.com