[Freeipa-users] Ubuntu Samba Server Auth against IPA

Christopher Lamb christopher.lamb at ch.ibm.com
Mon Aug 3 07:53:43 UTC 2015

Hi Matt

Thankfully I saved the output from those ldapmodify commands (against
FreeIPA 4.1) and was able to find it again!

In our case sambagrouptype also seems to have already been present, so that
should not hurt.

[root at xxx-ldap2 samba]# ldapmodify -Y GSSAPI <<EOF
> dn: cn=ipaconfig,cn=etc,dc=my,dc=silly,dc=example,dc=com
> changetype: add
> add: ipaCustomFields
> ipaCustomFields: "Samba Group Type,sambagrouptype,true"
> EOF
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
SASL username: lamb at MY.SILLY.EXAMPLE.COM
SASL SSF: 56
SASL data security layer installed.
adding new entry "cn=ipaconfig,cn=etc,dc=my,dc=silly,dc=example,dc=com"
ldap_add: Already exists (68)

Chris