[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA user ID differs

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 14:11:57 UTC 2015

I too have seen this same unique "bug".  My guess is, you have
compatibility mode enabled AND you used the GUI to manipulate the group
memberships. I have found this to be buggy. Using  CLI based commands
did not have the same results. However, once the 2 trees - "cn=accounts"
and "cn=compat" are no longer in sync, I have found the only way to fix
this is with ldapmodify commands, since neither the GUI nor the command
line tools believe the users are in the groups in question anymore.

~Janelle