[Freeipa-users] Adding SAN to default self-signed cert?

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 15:01:13 UTC 2015

Trying to figure this out:

ipa host-add haproxy.example.com
ipa service-add HTTP/haproxy.example.com at EXAMPLE.COM
ipa service-add LDAP/haproxy.example.com at EXAMPLE.COM

ipa-getcert request -d /tmp -n haproxy-cert -K LDAP/haproxy.example.com
-N 'CN=haproxy.example.com,O=EXAMPLE.COM"

^^^^^ this is where I am confused, because if I created a cert request
for the new service, then why am I putting the name of the haproxy in
the SAN? Unless I am completely misreading your suggestion?

Thank you
~J