[Freeipa-users] Ubuntu Samba Server Auth against IPA

Christopher Lamb christopher.lamb at ch.ibm.com
Tue Aug 4 15:45:19 UTC 2015

Hi Matt

I assume [username] is a real username, identical to that in the FreeIPA
cn=accounts, cn=users tree? (i.e. you anonymised the log extract).

You user should be a member of the appropriate samba groups that you setup
in FreeIPA.

You should check that the user attribute SambaPwdLastSet is set to a
positive value (e.g. 1). If not you get an error in the Samba logs - I
would need to play around again with a test user to find out the exact
error.

I don't understand what you mean about syncing the users local, but we did
not need to do anything like that.

Chris