[Freeipa-users] ipa-replica-prepare failing

David Dejaeghere david.dejaeghere at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 22:10:31 UTC 2015

Hello Guys,

I was able to resolve this today.
My webserver and dirsrv certificate were expired yesterday and trying to
replace them gave me the same error "ERROR: (SEC_ERROR_LIBRARY_FAILURE)
security library failure."
So I tried some things to resolve this.
The trick was to replace /etc/ipa/ca.crt with the godaddy file "gdig2"
which only has 1 certificare. This file you can get while downloading your
certificate from godaddy. Then I had to add the bundle from godaddy, file
gd_bundle-g2-g1 into my server cert.
This made both the command ipa-server-certinstall and ipa-replicate-prepare
finish as expected!

Hope this helps. I saw somebody else with a very similar issue.

Kind Regards,