[Freeipa-users] IPA Server Replication Info

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Fri Aug 14 08:24:50 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 09:46:42PM +0530, Yogesh Sharma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working to setup a IPA Env in our Infra.
>
> 1 . I would like to how IPA handles failover if Master Node goes down. Is
> sssd manage it?

Yes. See man sssd-ipa, section failover.

> 2. While the Master Node is down, can I register a client to replica server
> i.e. via AutoDiscovery as IPA does.

Maybe the IPA developers would answer the other questions better, but my
understanding is that since all IPA servers are masters, then this
should be fine as long as you prevent replication conflicts.

> 3. What if my Master Node does not came up ever due to system crash. In
> this case, if I create a new node , can I make it as master, if so what
> would happen to client which were already registered.

The data is replicated..so yes, the clients are also replicated to other
IPA servers..