[Freeipa-users] Cannot uninstall ipa-server

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Aug 19 20:58:20 UTC 2015

Janelle wrote:
> ipa-server-install --uninstall --unattended

I don't think it is the prompt that's hanging. I'd either wait to see
whether it clears things up itself or try to figure out what service is
hanging. Some of the timeouts are 5 minutes IIRC so it may take a while
in the worse case scenario.

The files/directories you refer to are the hints that the uninstaller
uses to know how to restore the system to as close to pre-install
condition as possible. I don't know that it is all that consumable if
done manually.

rob