[Freeipa-users] freeipa on http?

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Aug 20 12:26:43 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 02:58:50PM -0700, Janelle wrote:
> Tried that -- but it gives a blank screen. I will try playing with it some
> more.  At least I know we are thinking in the same ballpark

I was able to set this up just fine with
freeipa-server-4.1.4-4.fc22.x86_64. You need to disable the

	# Redirect to the secure port if not displaying an error or retrieving
	# configuration.
	RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT}  !^443$
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  !^/ipa/(errors|config|crl)
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  !^/ipa/[^\?]+(\.js|\.css|\.png|\.gif|\.ico|\.woff|\.svg|\.ttf|\.eot)$
	RewriteRule ^/ipa/(.*)      https://ipa.example.test/ipa/$1 [L,R=301,NC]

part on the IPA server or you will get infinite redirection loop.

Also you will need to test it through that SSL proxy, not directly
against http://ipa.example.test/, or authentication on the WebUI will
not work -- the session cookie is marked as Secure so the browser will
not store it when it comes via http, plus the UI checks referer to
start with https://.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Senior Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat