[Freeipa-users] Dns SOA MNAME not resolving from LDAP data

David Dejaeghere david.dejaeghere at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 13:14:43 UTC 2015

The reason I hit this issue was because I am testing out a setup where ldap
etc are running on a private subnet but is hosting public zones.
Therefor I change the nameservers of these zones and the primary nameserver
soa record to a public reachable hostname.

I agree this is no issue for the majority of users.

There already is a warning in the UI and IPA CLI. It might be good to add
an extra line to this warning regarding the fake_mname, altought this might
also cause confusion.

Regards,

David