[Freeipa-users] private groups

Detlev Habicht detlev.habicht at ims.uni-hannover.de
Fri Aug 21 07:19:35 UTC 2015

Thank you for your help!

Well, my problem is a beginner problem. Not reading enough. :-}
And i used a LDAP browser and saw error messages i misinterpreted.
Sorry for the noise here.

At least i found my answer here: https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3949

But i found also, that many other people have the same problem understanding
this behavior.

But i have one suggestion:

It would be nice using the GUI creating new users to have the opportunity
also to insert GID and UID.

I know, i can edit it later, but why i have to use this small window with
very few entries, when i can’t really use it and have to go to the big one.
Maybe it is also a good idea to resign this small window or to have a switch
in the configuration to stop this small window. (But, of course, this is
not a really big problem.)

Greetings

Detlev

--
  Detlev  | Institut fuer Mikroelektronische Systeme
  Habicht | D-30167 Hannover +49 511 76219662 habicht at ims.uni-hannover.de