[Freeipa-users] Registering Amazon Linux instance remotely

Supratik Goswami supratiksekhar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 13:43:45 UTC 2015

Hello,

My environment is completely in Amazon AWS and in my environment I have a
FreeIPA setup 4.1.0-18.el7.
I am using auto scaling feature of Amazon AWS which dynamically creats
systems from a AMI.
The currently running machines in that group are Amazon Linux. I can not
install ipa-client in
those machines because Amazon does not support that yet but I have
installed SSSD in those
machines.

The IP's of the machines are dynamically assigned at the time of the
launch. I want to run a setup
script at the time of launch and register the client machines.

Unfortunately I don't have any clue of what commands I should use to
register the client machine
remotely under a particular host group at the time of launch.

Please help. Thanks.

--
Warm Regards

Supratik