[Freeipa-users] Oracle Linux 5.5 - Legacy Question

Jeffrey Stormshak jstormshak at cccis.com
Tue Dec 1 10:45:02 UTC 2015

Looks like I needed to try a couple of options for the /etc/ldap.conf file.  Eventually, the original line of 'pam_password md5’ seemed to be causing the error message.  I commented it out and I’ll assume by doing so, that its using ‘clear text’ for the LDAP call.  I’m using SSL/TLS so I’ll try a few other options to the ‘pam_password’.  If this is the only way to get it to work, then I’ll take what I can here …

What options for legacy clients does the members of this group use or recommend?

I also want to thank everyone here for all of the help getting my legacy clients functioning to date !!

Jeffrey Stormshak, RHCSA | Sr. Linux Engineer
Platform Systems | IT Operations Infrastructure
CCC Information Services, Inc.
Phone: (312) 229-2552