[Freeipa-users] backup/restore best practices

Andy Thompson Andy.Thompson at e-tcc.com
Wed Dec 2 15:47:59 UTC 2015

What does everyone do for backup/restore of their IPA infrastructure?  I've read over the backup and restore on freeipa.org just want some real world application out there.

Right now all of our backups are done at the SAN level.  We snap the SAN aggregate containing the VMs and have those snaps available to roll back to.  I'm not sure how consistent those backups might end up being at the end of the day and I've never had to roll back in the environment to test or have an environment to test on that level.

-andy

*** This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. ***