[Freeipa-users] confused about replica role and use

Karl Forner karl.forner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 18:32:57 UTC 2015

Hello,

>From what I understood, a freeipa replica server is a kind of backup of
another freeipa server.
Both are usable by clients, and they will dynamically update their
information.

But I do not understand how a client will make use of the replica if the
master server is down.
Naively I would imagine, that like for DNS servers, that you configure a
main freeipa server, and a secondary one in case the main one does not
respond, but I can not find how to do it.
Is this happening automagically ? Or this is not the way it is supposed to
be used ?

Thanks.
Karl