[Freeipa-users] Two Factor = SSHKeys + OTP or Password

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Tue Dec 22 15:21:47 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 06:51:25PM +0530, Yogesh Sharma wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Did not see any options for SSH Keys + OTP or Password, However would like
> to know if it is possible with FreeIPA user.
>
> With Generic SSH , We can use use AuthenticationMethods, but not sure where
> to check in FreeIPA.

I think there is nothing specific about FreeIPA here. If you set on a
IPA client 'AuthenticationMethods = publickey,password' in sshd_config,
sshd will check the ssh key first and then ask the user for a password.

If the user is configured to use OTP on the IPA server then you have to
enter not only the password but the OTP token as well.

HTH

bye,
Sumit