[Freeipa-users] one way AD trust relationship

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 11:39:43 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 10:16:37AM +0200, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Feb 2015, Nicolas Zin wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >is it possible to create a one way AD trust relationship with FreeIPA/IDM 3.3?
> No.
>
> >- From Windows I created an incoming one-way trust relationship, with a trust-secret
> >- on Linux I use the trust-secret with ipa: ipa trust-add --type=ad ipawindows.mtl.sfl --trust-secret
> >
> >everything seems to be fine, but when I try
> >kinit Administrator at ipawindows.mtl.sfl
> >kinit: KDC reply did not match expectations while getting initial credentials

Nevertheless the error you see is not related to trust in the first
place. kinit on Linux clients expects a Kerberos principal as argument
which in general is case sensitive. I would expect that either

kinit -C Administrator at ipawindows.mtl.sfl

or

kinit Administrator at IPAWINDOWS.MTL.SFL

will work for you. But please note that this is not an indication that
the trust is working in general. For this you should try to get a
Kerberos service ticket for a service from your IPA domain e.g. with
kvno.

bye,
Sumit