[Freeipa-users] bug with ipa-replica and external dns?

Nicolas Zin nicolas.zin at savoirfairelinux.com
Tue Feb 10 09:42:22 UTC 2015

Hi.

I tried to install IDM 3.3 (RHEL7) without integrated DNS.
It works fine until I begin to create a replica:
"
root at srv-idm7-01 # ipa-replica-prepare srv-idm7-02.hq.company.com --ip-address 192.168.128.22 --no-reverse
Directory Manager (existing master) password:

You can't add a DNS record because DNS is not set up.
"

The message is pretty clear: the DNS is not set up: for sure, it is externally managed.
Should I consider it as a bug? Or is there something I did wrong?

Regards,

Nicolas Zin
nicolas.zin at savoirfairelinux.com
Ligne directe: 514-276-5468 poste 135