[Freeipa-users] LDAP Connection error while Integrating AD with FreeIPA

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Tue Feb 10 16:07:11 UTC 2015

On 02/10/2015 10:59 AM, Prady Dash wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to integrate AD with FreeIPA. I was following the below
> document.
>
> https://www.freeipa.org/images/2/2b/Installation_and_Deployment_Guide.pdf
>
> While configuring am facing the below error.
>
> /[root at appserver2 ~]# ipa-replica-manage connect --winsync --binddn
> cn=Administrator,cn=users,dc=abc,dc=local --bindpw XXXXXXX --passsync
> XXXXXX  --passsync XXXXXXX --cacert /etc/openldap/certs/abc.cer
> ad.abc.local -v/
>
> /Directory Manager password:/
>
> //
>
> /Added CA certificate /etc/openldap/certs/ abc.cer to certificate
> database for appserver2.qinec.com/
>
> /ipa: INFO: AD Suffix is: DC=abc,DC=local/
>
> /The user for the Windows PassSync service is
> uid=passsync,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=xyz,dc=com/
>
> /Windows PassSync entry exists, not resetting password/
>
> /ipa: INFO: Added new sync agreement, waiting for it to become ready .
> . ./
>
> /ipa: INFO: Replication Update in progress: FALSE: status: -11  - LDAP
> error: Connect error: start: 0: end: 0/
>
> /ipa: INFO: Agreement is ready, starting replication . . ./
>
> /Starting replication, please wait until this has completed./
>
> /[appserver2.abc.com] reports: Update failed! Status: [-11  - LDAP
> error: Connect error]/
>
> /Failed to start replication/
>
> //
>
> Please suggest.//
>
> Regards,
>
> /Prady

This is a very old documentation.
Please use the latest documentation on the Red Hat portal.
What IPA version and platform are you using?
Do you really want to sync users? Have you considered a trust? Are you
aware of that option which is preferred now?

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio