[Freeipa-users] LDAP Connection error while Integrating AD with FreeIPA

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Tue Feb 10 17:24:37 UTC 2015

On 02/10/2015 12:14 PM, Prady Dash wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Use Case :
>
> We have a user group for VPN, So in a case of DR no one else would
> able to use VPN as AD is the SPOF, So what am trying to achieve if
>  FreeIPA can help to hold the user data for this group might be
> temporary so that users could use VPN during AD failure.
>
> Is this possible ?

This would be possible but would require reconfiguration of the VPN in
case of problems with AD.
It would also require for you to do a winsync of the user passwords keep
passwords in sync.

I am all for you using FreeIPA for this but seems like a much more work
for you than to add another AD instance or use Samba 4 as a secondary DC.