[Freeipa-users] ad relation with winsync

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 07:14:54 UTC 2015

On 02/12/2015 12:37 AM, Nicolas Zin wrote:
> That was that:
>
> in the logs (/var/log/dirsrv/slapd-HQ-EMIRATES-COM/errors) I got:
> slapi_ldap_bind - Error: could not send startTLS request: error -11 (Connect error) errno 0 (Success)
>

> And when i did "LDAPTLS_CACERTDIR=/etc/dirsrv/... ldapsearch ...", it began to be interesting:
> ldap_start_tls: Connect error (-11)
>       additionnal info: TLS: hostname does not match CN in peer certificate
>
> So I correct my problem: put the correct hostname in the ipa-replica-manage ( and not the ip). And it connects!
>

> Next step: having the replication working. The customer dont want to give to my sync user "Replicating directory changes", "Account Operator" and "Enterprise Read-Only Domain Controller" attributs and just want a  "oneway replication".
> For the one way replication, I followed the documentation
>
> But I don't see any imported users. Do you have an idea? Are some of the Windows attributs necessary even for a one way (windows to linux) synchronisation?
>

> Regards,
>

> Nicolas

The is is treated as the ultimate source so adds should go only from AD
to IPA but you need the modify to work both ways otherwise your account
state will get out of sync.
Whatever is required by docs is the minimal privilege you need to have
to sync users.

However did you consider trust?
It us a two way trust but it acts as a one way trust.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio