[Freeipa-users] trying to get a RHEL7.1 beta second master into a RHEL6.6 cluster so I can upgrade.

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Tue Feb 17 01:18:06 UTC 2015

Steven Jones wrote:
> =====
> cACertificate;binary:: TUlJQ0NUQ0NBWEtnQX........8><---

Now you need to replace the contents of this double-encoded value with
an actual binary value.

First create the necessary file:

$ openssl x509 -inform pem -outform der -in /etc/ipa/ca.crt -out /tmp/ca.der

Now replace what is there with the contents of the file, replacing
dc=example,dc=com with your basedn:

$ kinit admin
$ ldapmodify -Y GSSAPI
dn: cn=CACert,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: modify
replace: cacertificate;binary
cacertificate;binary:< file:///tmp/ca.der
<hit return to signal you are done>
modifying entry "cn=CACert,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=example,dc=com"

ctrl-D to quit

This is assuming that you have a single CA certificate in
/etc/ipa/ca.crt. This is *not* the best assumption to make. Be careful.

rob