[Freeipa-users] No LDAPS for dirsrv

Thomas Raehalme thomas.raehalme at codecenter.fi
Tue Feb 17 19:05:31 UTC 2015

Hi!

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 8:43 PM, Thomas Raehalme <
thomas.raehalme at codecenter.fi> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 7:38 PM, Rob Crittenden <rcritten at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> > Now I only wish we could resolve what's causing the dirsrv process to
>> > hang (wrote about that in another message last Sunday) about 10 minutes
>> > after IPA services were started.
>>
>> Evidence suggests that the last upgrade failed so I'd start there. It is
>> possible some plugins aren't configured properly, for example.

After having restart ipa service, the upgrade command was completed
successfully:

# ipa-ldap-updater --upgrade
Upgrading IPA:
  [1/8]: stopping directory server
  [2/8]: saving configuration
  [3/8]: disabling listeners
  [4/8]: starting directory server
  [5/8]: upgrading server
  [6/8]: stopping directory server
  [7/8]: restoring configuration
  [8/8]: starting directory server
Done.

Now dirsrv was stopped in 2 second when the previous time was over 500
seconds.

Unfortunately this still didn't resolve the issue. After the system has
been online for about 10 minutes, named starts complaining:

Feb 17 21:04:14 ipa named[31117]: LDAP query timed out. Try to adjust
"timeout" parameter

Also ldapsearch just hangs if you try to perform any queries.

Any ideas what could go wrong here?

Best regards,
Thomas