[Freeipa-users] dirsrv hangs, 0% CPU util

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Wed Feb 18 07:48:08 UTC 2015

On Wed, 18 Feb 2015, Thomas Raehalme wrote:
>Hi!
>
>On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Alexander Bokovoy <abokovoy at redhat.com>
>wrote:
>
>> I suspect you've triggered https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4586
>> and https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4635 -- slapi-nis plugin
>> configuration does not limit itself to $SUFFIX and listens to changes in
>> cn=changelog too so it may deadlock with a replication traffic.
>>
>> We fixed these partly by changing slapi-nis configuration, partly by
>> fixing bugs in 389-ds.
>>
>> I wonder if amending your slapi-nis config to avoid triggering internal
>> searches on cn=changelog would be enough.
>>

>Is it possible to go around this issue by disabling replication? If so, is
>ipa-replica-manage disconnect enough or should we use del instead?
I think you are solving wrong issue.

Changing slapi-nis configuration to ignore cn=changelog was the change
we did for FreeIPA 4.1. We ended up ignoring a bit more subtrees too:
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4635#comment:16

You need to show backtraces of nsslapd when it doesn't respond on LDAP
queries to verify it is the same issue but I suspect it is very likely
the issue.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy