[Freeipa-users] New Replacing Master server help

Cory Carlton cory at pithoslabs.com
Wed Feb 18 17:17:48 UTC 2015

Hey all.

 We are in the process of essentially moving data centers while
additionally changing to new OS(rhel from centos) - so we are building
replica with master option servers to the new networks.  version 3.0.. its
up and is working as any of our instances.

Question is how or what do I need to bring over on the new install -replica
master(s) to ensure we have all the Original master server information,
keys, crt's, CA etc. before we can shut it down for ever (+ a snapshot ;) )

we have struggled understanding exactly what to back up since the 3.0
version is lacking backup scripts.

a thought, but not timely present would be to upgrade everything in place
then migrate, again not timed right for us.

Thanks in advance.

Cory