[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA and Application Specific Passwords

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 10:06:58 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 04:06:39PM -0800, Martin Minkus wrote:

> Except where we don't want single sign on, and separate passwords are
> advantageous or even required:
>
>  - Web logins

Could you elaborate on the use cases when you'd want your users to log
in using their passwords on a Web login, instead of using SSO, be it
Kerberos or SAML? Is that purely the application not supporting it
or are there some other reasons (you say "we don't want single sign
on" which sounds like a political or compliance issue, not technical
one).

--
Jan Pazdziora
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat