[Freeipa-users] Centos 7 No permission to /home/..

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Mon Feb 23 08:55:06 UTC 2015

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 10:19:32PM +0100, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed centos 7 and a ipa-server on a other system a second ipa-
> server.
>
> But I can't create a user home directory, not on the server and not on a ipa-
> client with autocreate ?
>
> Have any a hint on witch place I can search for this problem ?
>
> sssd ipa-server / client ....
>
> When you like info please tell me what?

The first step is verifying that "getent passwd $user" actually reports
the home dir you'd like it to. It's especially important to check with
users from trusted AD domains.

Do you intend to auto-create the home directories on the clients or have
them mounted from a central location? In the former case, you should
check configuration of oddjob-mkhomedir, in the latter, you should check
the automounter configuration.