[Freeipa-users] [Solaris 10] Cannot login through console or ssh with ipa users

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Wed Feb 25 23:58:31 UTC 2015

On 02/25/2015 04:37 PM, nathan at nathanpeters.com wrote:
>> It does not seem to recognize the user in the secan attempt but the
>> first attempt seems to authenticate and then disconnect.
>> I do not see trace from accounting session but I suspect that your pam
>> stack does not authorize authenticated user.
>> Try to allow all authenticated users first. This will prove that it is a
>> pam stack accounting phase configuration issue.
>>
>> --
>> Thank you,
>> Dmitri Pal
>>
>> Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio
>> Red Hat, Inc.
>>
>> --
>>
> How do I allow all authenticated users?  In the freeIPA domain I have a
> rule 'allow_all' that allows any user to connect to any system on any
> service.  This is working fine for linux clients.
>
> I assume you mean to do it on the Solaris machine?  I don't have any users
> specifically blocked, ie, there is nothing in my sshd_config file that is
> limiting the users and groups that can login.  Eg, I've got no
> 'AllowUsers' lines or anything like that.  I've even got PermitRootLogin
> set to yes and have tested that root can login.

other account    required     pam_permit.so

and comment other pam modules in the section:

  Default definition for Account management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for account management
#
other   account requisite       pam_roles.so.1 debug
other   account required        pam_unix_account.so.1 debug
#other   account sufficient      pam_ldap.so.1
other   account required        pam_krb5.so.1 debug