[Freeipa-users] getent group ipauser broken?

Günther J. Niederwimmer gjn at gjn.priv.at
Fri Feb 27 12:37:07 UTC 2015

Am Freitag, 27. Februar 2015, 12:25:24 schrieb Alexander Bokovoy:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2015, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >Have i to configure any other things, for a working /home/xxxx
> >
> >I can make a getent passwd xxxx, this is working on the client but I mean I
> >have no export for groups ?
> >
> >with "getent group ipausers" I have no answer?
> >
> >also I can't make a chown -R user:ipausers
> >
> >what can be wrong on my setup ?
> >
> >This is a fresh installed centos 7 with IPA
>
> Nothing wrong. Groups in IPA can have POSIX attributes or can be set
> without them. The latter one are used mostly for hierarchical grouping
> purposes.
>
> 'ipausers' is one of non-POSIX groups and therefore is not visible by
> POSIX tools.

OK, Thank you

I found this in a newer Documentation ?

But I found no way to create a /home/xxx directory for a IPA User

what is the correct way to create Users /home ??

The /home/ have 0700 root:root but I can't set /home/testuser/ I have always
no permission.

This is really a long way ............

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best Regards,